Friday, August 27, 2010

Thrift Stores!!



This bean is from my scarlet bean runner. That plant really gave me lots of surprises because I didn't know how tall it would grow and I think if I gave it more pole to climb it would have kept going. The flowers from it were also very beautiful to see. Then the plant started to die and I thought that was the end of it but it gave me bean pods!! So pretty!!

I have been inspired to pick up sewing again because of a really cool lady who decided to pay only a buck for a piece of clothing at thrift stores, garage sales, etc, and turn it into something awesome!
http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/
Sewing and I aren't really the best of friends. I just don't understand sewing. Sewing doesn't understand me. But I continue to try to make our relationship work because sewing is just so awesome!!!! So, I went to the thrift store the other day too and got me some clothes!!



My model looks quite silly in these pictures because I was trying to catch her in the middle of a jump but I always caught her after or before she jumped... booo on me. Oh well. These are the dresses I bought. I hope to turn them into aprons because we need more of them. I was hoping something that Anne of Green Gables wore...but that seems kind of hard at the moment. Off to sewing!!~~

No comments: